I wish that



Some say that we decide our destiny and some believe that destiny decide us. Both seem to be true, depending upon the situation. We wish things to happen according to us. Some times, they happen according to our wish, but most of the times they do not. It is human nature that when things go according to our wish, we experience pleasure and when they do not happen according to our wish, we experience pain. Spirituality teaches that our wish gets fulfilled every time, only thing we need to do is to recognize their form, because sometimes they may be fulfilled in the form we desired or sometimes in a different form. Accepting them is source of happiness. A story from some unknown author narrates that how journey of our wishes starts and changes many forms and finally, how it is fulfilled.

Once on a mountain-top, three little trees stood and dreamed of what they wanted to become when they grew up. The first little tree looked up at the stars and said,

"I want to hold treasure. I want to be covered with gold and filled with precious stones. I'll be the most beautiful treasure chest in the world!"

The second little tree looked out at the small stream trickling by on its way to the ocean. "I want to travel in mighty waters with powerful kings. I'll be the strongest ship in the world!"

The third little tree looked down into the valley below where busy men and women worked in a busy town.

"I don't want to leave the mountain top at all. I want to grow so tall that when people stop to look at me, they will raise their eyes to heaven and think of God. I will be the tallest tree in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment