Best Indian Diesel Car in terms of Mileage - Renault Pulse – User Review

Best Indian Diesel Car in terms of Mileage – User Review


Hello to every reader; I am Tryambak. Recently we have seen an Autocar article and video showing Renault Lodgy to deliver an astounding mileage of 42 kmpl in Mileage Challenge. A link to article is given here - 




They drove Renualt Lodgy in a one tank fill from Delhi to Mumbai. However in real world condition it is extremely difficult to follow such driving parameter as done by Overdrive. There was only driver in the car driving at speeds of around 50kmph which translated an engine RPM near to idle. Such strict driving will obviously translate into good fuel efficiency but 42kmpl for Lodgy, a MUV which is big and made to ferry eight occupants is still staggering.

I own Renault Pulse from last two years. Although it is not a very popular choice but once I took a test drive i had fallen in love with this car. Apart from looks, cabin space, comfort, drivability and precise steering it has the engine that just trumped me. It is not a very powerful engine and is tuned to deliver maximum efficiency but the way Renault translated 64 PS of power on to the road is just incredible.

Now straight on to the point – when I saw Renault Lodgy can do with such efficiency, why not try my Pulse. I live in Indore and I do frequently traveling between Indore and Bhopal which is approx. 190kms. Roads are extremely smooth; you can easily maintain a kind of average speed you want.
I never followed the rules of Overdrive i.e. No Air conditioning and speed of 50kmph so that an almost idle RPM can be maintained. On the contrary I kept the Air conditioning on all the time and maintained a speed of 65-70 kmph. I got my tyre pressure and wheel alignment checked and once I reached Bhopal, I was amazed to see the average fuel consumption. I have shared the image below you can have a look of your own –

Best Indian Diesel Car - Renault Pulse

You can see the average fuel consumption depicted as 29.2 kmpl. Renault K9K diesel just rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment